Thursday 30 July 2015

Travel Announcement!

I know,  I know,  I just got through all the Hawaii posts, and I'm announcing a new travel destination already? What can I say, I like to travel. This trip is a bit of a departure from the usual though-it's a roadtrip! My first one!

The whole reason we are going on a trip at all is to go to the illustrious Dragon*Con, which is an annual sci-fi/fantasy convention in Atlanta, Georgia. I've always wanted to go-most of my favourite authors attend regularly, and ONLY attend this convention. Now, I won't be able to bring, like, anything to get signed, what with the packing light and all, but getting to see and chat with them will be rad as fuck. Once Dragon*Con was settled, we decided to meet up with a Texan friend, as well as one from California, and thus spawned a roadtrip.

The original plans have expanded, a lot more than I'd anticipated, so there will be lots of bulk food buying, and doing things on the cheap (or, trying not to go into debt) but I think it will be hella fun, and I am so excited to go! Where are we going? Glad you asked! Here is a breakdown of where we are going!

Bus to Seattle, WA
Fly from Seattle to Dallas, TX
Dallas to San Antonio TX
San Antonia to Galveston TX
Galveston to Houston TX (MOTHERFUCKING NASA YO)
Houston to New Orleans, LA (the Big Easy might kill me)
New Orleans to Atlanta, GA and Dragon*Con
Atlanta to Dallas, I think.
Dallas to Seattle, then bus home.

Just two weeks, but so many destinations! Got any suggestions for places to eat, or things I HAVE to see? Totally want some input from some locals, or lovers! There will be a TONNE of pics and videos, so be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel and my Instagram if you haven't already! Links are ^

No comments:

Post a Comment