Saturday 1 September 2012

Grouse Mountain

AKA-the Grouse grind.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I went to grouse mountain, and did that whole hiking thing. It sounds like it's pretty easy, right? Hike up a mountain. I did it in Korea before, and it was alright. I am in much better shape than I was in Korea (a big thanks to the sheer amount of food I can eat in Canada) so it shouldn't be a big deal.


And, well, it wasn't. Except for the fact that I was hungover as hell, and had to force myself not to puke the entire way up. The actual climbing was not a big deal-the desire to puke? Not so awesome.

The Grouse grind stats! (taken from their website right here)


Trail FactsLength: 2.9 kilometres (1.8 miles)
Elevation Gain: 853 metres (2,800 feet)
Base: 274 metres above sea level (900 feet)
Summit: 1,127 metres (3,700 feet)
Total Stairs: 2,830 



It's a pretty standard mountain, and was super pretty to walk up. I wish I had dressed better in comfy shorts and a tank top, but whatever. The top of the mountain is pretty cold, because of the elevation and the clouds that we were in.

The other really cool thing about Grouse is that there is a lot to do once you get up there. There is a lumberjack show (that I missed), super yummy beaver tails, some bears, and a bird show. I know there is more, but I can't remember at the moment.

That's right, BEARS!!!!









It's a pretty cool place, and I can't wait to do the grind without a hangover!

No comments:

Post a Comment