Thursday 30 January 2014

Nail Polish Swatches

Like the recipe of the month, this will be a new feature of whatever beauty product I am totally into this month. I think, more often than not, it will be nail polish, but I do have other products that I would love to share with you guys, so, who knows.

Anyways, I have a couple of swatches for today. I figure there's no point in only doing one per post, since this isn't a nail blog. If you guys want only one per post, send me a note about it, and I can do that, or set up another side blog for polishes. I dunno. I'm not particular, I just want to share rad things.

The first swatch is one that I made trying to re-create one by China Glaze called Cha Cha Cha, which I got done when I went for a mani/pedi in Ontario with my mom and sister. This is the China Glaze colour. I didn't get a picture from the actual mani/pedi, because it got destroyed in my parents hot tub after only a few days. It was tragic.
But, I ADORED the colour. I went out on a hung to find this actual colour, but I couldn't find it in any of theb beauty supply shops I checked, and I didn't want to wait for an Ebay order. So, instead I went and got two other greens, and layered them to this effect.
I used 2 layers of Maybelline in Go Go Green, with 1 layer of Hard Candy Teeny Greeny on top. I think it turned out pretty well, all in all considered. The China Glaze has more of a holographic look to it, rather than the sparkles that I got with the Teeny Greeny, but, I knew that it wouldn't be perfect. Both polishes were super smooth to use, and no fuss at all.

I was all for the layered greens, so, after the above manicure, I tried another layered green, but changed up the base to one called Green Blush by Divided by H&M. It was a dollar on sale, and the bottle was super cute, so I had to get it. I used 1 later of Green Blush and 1 layer of the sparked Teeny Greeny again.


This one had more of a holographic effect, but lacked the colour consistency that I wanted. It was nice, and the colour was subtle. My big problem was that the Green Blush was super streaky, so I feel it requires a top colour of sorts.

Finally, I got a new polish from a friend, and had to try it out. I have never used gold polish before, since I am more of a silver kind of girl (seriously, even all my jewelry is silver, or titanium.). Its a colour by Julep called Margot. I used 2 layers on the 4 fingers, and some random black that I had kicking around on the 5th. I would tell you the brand, but I don't remember which of my 5 blacks I used. Seriously, I have a thing for black.


 I actually really liked how it turned out, and found the Jupep super easy to use. The first coat was a little streaky, but the second was super smooth. Its a really nice holographic colour, that shines beautifully.
Along with the polish, I also got Julep TaDa! quick dry drops, which is the real reason I bought the package of goods. I have a tendency to ruin polish within the hour of putting it on, and this stuff really helps with that.

So, that is it for this months beauty day. I hope you guys don't mind me sharing all my fun beauty goodies. Next month will be all about thermal polishes that I ordered from an independent maker, and they are just gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment