Monday 30 June 2014

Cirque du soleil Totem

This year is the 30th anniversary of Cirque Du Soleil, a Canadian based circus company that specializes in carnival meet athletic ability performances. I finally got the opportunity to go to one of the main, and the newest show, Totem. I've seen Cirque as part of a show in Vegas with Criss Angel, which was a lot of fun, but this show was totally different.

The big top circus tent
I would have loved to get some photos, of a video, of the show, but doing so endangers the performers, and it's forbidden. Unlike many of the other Cirque performances, this one was different in that it was much less circus and much more organic performance. The actors are so damn talented, its almost unreal. I love how international the cast is as well, choosing talent over any national boundaries.
Some of the awesome stuff available for purchase
My thoughts on being able to do ANY of the things the performers could. Seriously, so talented!
Yum Yum popcorn!
Cirque selfie!

Photography wasn't allowed, but I got a quick snap before the show
the Cirque logo
Aren't these masks just beautiful?
.I don't know where, of even if, Totem is heading next, but if you guys get a chance to see the travelling version of Cirque, or, really, any version, I highly recommend it! There are always shows going on in Vegas, and you can get some pretty cheap tickets too. I suggest the travelling show because then you get to be in a big top. While the big top has less room for the BIG theatrics and technical stuff, it is super magical to see it all in a circus tent, you know?
So, have you guys been to Cirque du Soleil? What did you think?
Here is the official trailer for Totem, give it a watch, and tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment