Saturday 14 June 2014

Throw back post! Cuba!

Once upon a time, I went to Cuba for a pre-wedding honeymoon. Or something. Okay, not at all. It just happened to fall a few months before our wedding, so we called it a honeymoon, as we didn't have one.

The actual story is that the man and I decided we wanted nothing to do with the Vancouver Olympics, and so we rented out our downtown apartment in exchange for our rent payed, flights to Ontario, and a vacay to Cuba, which was all inclusive. Not bad for vacating my apartment for 3 weeks, right?

We went to Varadaro, which isn't too far from Havana, and is the area where you can see both sides of the ocean from the same spot. It was a really nice location, and the resort-the name of which escapes me at the moment-was pretty good. The majority of the other tourists were all Canadian, what with the anti-American sentiment in Cuba that is well reciprocated in the US.

I actually got really bad food poisoning before we went, and I had to stop on the way to the airport to puke a few times. It was gross, and I didn't want to go anymore. The husband made me go, and I am so happy he did. I had a great time there! I have never seen water so blue as I did there. Seriously. And I've been a few places in the Caribbean and Tropics. Nothing bluer.

Storm making its way to shore

Super burnt little feet

Golf course over looking the ocean that we were thrown out of

The golf course

These little guys were EVERYWHERE!

Carved relief wall at the resort we stayed at
This is one of the few vacations where we did almost nothing. There was some family drama that made things a little tense, and we didn't have a lot of money. We stayed mostly at the beach, and did a lot of swimming, eating, hot tubbing, sun bathing, sand castle building (seriously) and walking around. It was super great and relaxing. Next time we go there, I hope to go in the more warm weather-don't get me wrong, it was nice, but it wasn't THAT nice, you know? It was still February, and there were a few cooler days.


No comments:

Post a Comment