Tuesday 13 May 2014

More Nature!

I've shown you guys some of the trails and stuff around my apartment/campus before. This time, I actually walked down the mountain, to the inlet and beach that is at the bottom. It was a super cool hike, not too strenuous, but a lot of fun. I even made a video!


I know, I post  a lot of nature things, and that wasn't what I had in mind with this blog, really, but it seems that now, and for the foreseeable future, I'm going to be living in a place with spectacular nature. So, please, bear with me for a while on this.
I think that spending time outdoors is really important, not just for the body, but for the mind and soul. It has been proven in multiple studies that spending time outside daily relieves stress and stimulates different areas of the brain that being inside does not. Furthermore, we need to remember that we are a PART of nature, and not separate from it.
I think if more of the stuffed shirts in politics spent more time outside, there wouldn't BE a climate change debate-it would be accepted for the fact it is.
A little ranty, but, whatever.

I challenge everyone who reads this to spend 30 minutes a day outside around trees, or flowers, or mountains, or the water, or anything less concrete for one week. Throw some chill tunes on your ipod and just walk. Look around you. Experience all that this earth provides for us, and just BE.
If you do do this challenge (which I hope you do), please share your experiences or insights with me! I'd love to hear about them!











No comments:

Post a Comment