Thursday 16 July 2015

Honolulu aquarium

Given how sun burnt I was in Hawaii, I tried to do things in the shade, or indoors. Needless to say, there aren't a lot of options like that around. Not in Waikiki or Honolulu anyways. So, we went to the aquarium, in hopes to see some cool fish, and leave my poor white skin alone. 

Little baby sea turtles!
Octopus are my favourites.
Little stingray, all smily and stuff.
I like the vibrant colours.

You'll note that there isn't a lot of pictures. While my phone was having some issues, that wasn't the only reason. In truth, the Honolulu aquarium doesn't have a lot. Which I thought strange given the fact that the waters surrounding Hawaii are a marine reserve. I expected more education and more outreach, given how threatened aquatic ecosystems are. I mean, it was only $15 to get in, so it was okay, but, really, if you have the choice between the aquarium and almost anything else-go for the other thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment