Sunday 21 October 2012

Lynn Valley

A few weeks ago, before all the rain and-in the mountains-snow, the hubs and I went to Lynn Valley. Call it a last of the season hike if you will, even though I think we will be going for a few more throughout the winter season. That's one of the awesome things about Vancouver-many hiking trails are open year round.

Lynn Valley is huge. Like, mindbogglingly massive. You can walk from Mount Seymour to Grouse via Lynn Valley. Sure, its an almost 30K trek, but it is doable. There is a lake there that we didn't even find. An Entire Lake. Not found. Shows how big we're talking.

There are rivers, waterfalls, ponds, and all kinds of plant life. It's fantastic. Other cool thing? It has visible remnants of the last ice age, carved out in its cliffs and gorge. Nothing like a glacier park to make me happy.

No, seriously. I love this stuff.

Now for the photos!

xox











1 comment:

  1. Those are some fantastic pictures! I really like them a lot, in fact, I'm envious of you. I haven't been able to go out and "be one with nature" in the non-ridiculous-way in far too long.

    It's nice to go out and remind yourself that there is more to the world than the life that we have to live in cities, offices, schools, and such.

    Awesome,
    djm.

    ReplyDelete