Monday 5 March 2012

And so it begins

The new semester has started up again, and this one will be hella busier than the last. But, I will get to that in a moment.

Everyone arrived here at SCH last week, and, I didn't have much of an opportunity to meet them all then, since they came in quite late. They almost all went out early the next day with one of the other returning students to get essential living things, like towels, and I wasn't up yet. Actually, i also had no desire to go to Home Plus in a group of 40. At a certain point, there are just too many people to try shopping with. I think my limit is about 10, at an absolute maximum, and a preference of about 6.

We had orientation after that, and I did get to meet the other students, but it was really busy, and disorganized. I also sealed my semester death warrant. I signed up to do the Korean intensive program, which is slightly different than the one that I was in last semester. I am doing Korean language classes everyday, for 4 hours, as well as my exchanges, whom I have yet to meet. I don't have any culture class, or any other electives. The thing is though, when they say intense, they are NOT joking.

I, along with a lot of the other returning students, was placed in the Level 2 intensive and, after 4 minutes of walking in, knew that it was going to be too hard. We almost all dropped down to level 1, which is the class that I attended today, and I understand a lot more of what is going on. To the point of boredom, which I know will change in a few days.
So, that is why I am totally screwed for this semesters fun time. It is a good thing, to be sure, but I also am going to be doing a lot more studying this semester than I did last.

Between the studying, exchanges, sleep, meeting my new suitemates (all of which seems really sweet so far), my comic, and trying to see the rest of Korea, i am going to be insanely busy.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment