Sunday 15 April 2012

Cherry Blossom Festival, Concerts and Towers, Oh my!

This past weekend was one of those amazing weekends that I wish could happen all the time. It also reminded my of why I am here in Korea, and why I love this country, which I haven't been lately. I have had a hate-hate relationship with Korea, and all that, but I won't get into it. It's going well now, and whats past is past, right?

So, back to this weekend!

Originally, a group of us had planned on going to a Strawberry festival in a town about an hour south. Unfortunately, we were unable to get bus/train tickets to get there, so we decided to go to the Yeouido Cherry Blossom Festival in Seoul. Which was a fantastic idea. Spring (봄) is a little late this year, so there wasn't TOO many cherry blossoms in full bloom, but we DID manage to catch a free K-pop concert with some BIG names!
Like, Sistar
And SHINee

And Shinhwa
It was pretty awesome. I am not a huge fan of K-pop, but I will admit that some of these guys have some major talent. And those songs are catchy as hell. I listen to them a lot when I am at the gym, as they play K-pop ALL the time.

After that, we made the treck up to Namsan Mountain-AKA Seoul Tower! It was my first time up the tower and, let me assure you, the view was totally worth it! It was fantastic! Sometimes I forget that I am in the third biggest city in the world.
And now that I have seen the night view, I want to go back to see the day view!

The next day was devoted to the shopping and the Hello Kitty cafe. We actually wanted to go to a dog cafe, but we had the hardest time finding one, that we decided to wait until next trip to Seoul.
It was a great weekend, with great food, great events, great conversation and amazing friends. I hope to have a few more of these memories before I leave here.


xox

No comments:

Post a Comment