Tuesday 10 January 2012

Winter Camp

This marks day 7 of 15 of English Winter camp at Soonchunhyang University. I am one of the teaching assistants for the camp, and I work with the teachers and the kids daily. It is a long day we work-8:30-5:30, but it goes by really fast.

I'll be honest-I don't want kids. That said, I have enjoyed working with all of these kids, with very few exceptions. All of the kids I work with are bright, smart and creative. They are all fantastic in their own areas, and WANT to learn. It is very different from North American children, who hate school and anything educational.

I work with 4 teachers exclusively, and they have all been really good to me, teaching me things about kids, Korea, and Japan, which is where I'm headed next month. It took the kids a bit to get used to me, because of the piercings, and GIANT holes in my ears, but they've all warmed up to me, and love to play games and whatnot.

Overall, it has been an interesting experience, and one that I am very grateful to have had.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment